TIME CAPSULE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Every building I have built in the last 20 odd years I have placed a time capsule .
Usually a little plastic pop bottle with a few things in. Business card, one of my leaflets, a few coins and a Note .
On the note-- I have written just how I was feeling that day- about the job and the weather ie: cold, icy, peeing down and gernerally how the job was going .

Crazy thing is-- a few of the conservatories I have built- I have ended up demolishing them maybe 10 or more years later-- because the people I did the original work for were still at the house and wanted a extension .
So- I have then found my capsule -- and laughed when I read the note inside.
I then add a few more comments- and place it in new building . Usually Hidden away below DPC --in the cavity .

Dont suppose anyone else does this ? or do they ?.

Sponsored Links
I left a few when I was younger but nothing for quite a while. Working with an old plumber we lifted a lead sheet and found a photographic magazine from the sixties or seventies and he being a reader of the same sort of magazines replaced it with a new copy along side. That was something like the early nineties.

Sponsored Links
I put a letter in a partition wall at my old school when I was 17. Said how much I hated the house master, how depressing it was, how I was being made to do things against my will, all that sort of stuff. And if the letter was ever found to contact me to see if I was still alive. All that teenage angst stuff.

So 30 years later I get a handwritten letter from the headmaster's wife saying the wall had been knocked down and the letter had been found. Some of the teachers agreed with my assessment of the housemaster (still alive), and the letter was going to be stored in the school museum. Oh, and they would love me to pop in next time I am in town. For some strange reason going back to their 'old boy' days now fills me full of fear and I no longer do. Weird.

We find a lot of work boots in roof eaves, but only one not a pair, some over 100 years old. Maybe it was a ritual when they finish to hide the apprentice' boot in there or something

Over the years we've found a few of these:

1a0b2c075725d300857a9075d939235e.JPG
and stuck them on ebay, it's all very softcore, lol

No time capsules left though

Back