you never know what you will find in the loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
christmas has come early :D :D I finally decided to clear the loft, 8 storage boxes full :!: usual stuff, kids school books more xmas /birthday cards than clintons and amongst all that lot a white envelope with 20 x £20 notes :D
I must admit i do stuff money in strange places sometimes ready for a rainy day, but £400 !
im off to the bank to change it as its got Michael Faradays mugshot on it, so it must have been in the loft since 2001 :rolleyes: then to pay some bills and have a day out/spend up in York tomorrow :D :D

BTW have any of you guys discovered a hidden stash that you forgot about :?:

Sponsored Links
poshman said:
BTW have any of you guys discovered a hidden stash that you forgot about :?:

Someone I know had a huge stash in his loft, but the police found out and he got fined, community service and it all confiscated.

Oi, poshman, that's mine. I had to run up to the loft when you came home from work unexpectedly and it fell out of my pocket.

Can you send it on to me please.

I found a copy of the Doncaster Free Press, our weekly paper, from 1946, which someone had slung onto the ceiling before it was insulated. Unfortunately it was in a sad state. Some of the adverts were familiar though, for local businesses like Miller Brothers and Barker and Wigfall (recently closed down :( )

I can picture the builders now, sat on the roof timbers reading the Free Press, eating a cheese and tomato sandwich with a cup of tea, the sun beating down. :LOL: Warms the heart, doesn't it!

Doncaster Free Press is still going strong though, after all these years!

Sponsored Links
Nearest I get is the odd tenner in the back pocket that the other half fishes out before they go in the wash and allegedly buger up the washer.

I've done loft conversions for 15 years and i've found nothing yet :evil: unless the cilents go up before hand and take the goodies. :LOL:

Back