Time for fitting UPVC soffits and facias

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I wonder if anyone can advise please? Had some work done on the roof of a two-bedroomed cottage including replacement of front and rear gutters. Extra work that had to be done that was not on original quote was:

'Supplying and fitting UPVC soffits and facias to front and rear of property' Unfortunately (I know...) did not discuss price at the time and builder says the charge is £530 not including VAT. The house is about 18 foot wide.

This was replacement of wooden ones. Does this price seem reasonable? Any idea how long this may take considering the gutters were being replaced anyway. Any help appreciated, thanks, Rob

Sponsored Links
Do you know if the original fascias and soffits were removed, or merely covered over?
Was it just two 18 foot long lenths of fascia, no corners, gable end barge boards or anything like that?

Anyway £636 seems excessive, especially if it's just been covered over. I recently fitted new fascias and soffits to my workshop of which there was about 60 linear feet in total and I only spent about £250 for the materials (including the gutters) and fitted them in a day.

Oh one other thing, were your existing soffets vented? and are if yes, are the new ones vented? if you not may have a future damp problem.

You can get an excellent idea of the material costs by looking at the various suppliers on-line. Pricing you will see varies with sizes, so you need to measure up what is needed. Include for all the odds and ends.

Labour and plant on top of that with some profit on the material as well. Access is an issue it may need some towers. Labour to remove existing, as well as fixing new. Disposal of the old ?

If you had any repairs to existing soffits and fascia included before, that needs to be offset.

My guess would be a couple of guys for the day to do both sides. But as I said you need to check access.

Make sure it is full replacement, not just cladding over existing.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back