Time scales between footings, foundation blocks and floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Footings was finished laying about 4pm yesterday (wed)... practically how long should I wait before laying foundation blocks and infilling the floor as I'm reading a lot saying wait min 2 weeks... but then I'm sure when builders do conservstory bases it doesn't take them several weeks start to finish.

I was thinking more like laying 2x layers of foundation blocks sat morning. Then laying floor Monday morning.

Would 65 hours be too soon for the blocks to go down?
Then would 48 hours be enough for the mortar to go off so I can lay the floor? Bearing in mind I'm gonna need to use the blocks to tip the mixer or wheel barrow...

Or any other recommendations on time scales?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
You sound like a machine! My BCO wanted to inspect the sub base and insulation before I could pour the floor.

As its a conservatory it doesn't require building control fortunately so we're eager to progress as we was supposed to be doing it over a month ago :)

Sponsored Links
It will be fine. If you are worried about the blocks then build some ramps up, if they are 300mm foundation blocks I doubt they will move.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back