Time To Change My System

The system you are proposing Is what I personally regard as the best in the main domestic market at present.

Assuming it is a straightforward replacement job I would expect to charge around £2000 + VAT to install labour only including pipe and fittings, but would not offer any warranty call backs on the kit you supply. You would have to deal direct with the manufacturers or pay my call out.

Saying that I've yet to have a fault with this set up once running, other than the one 2 weeks ago where the VR65 was dead out of the box. Luckily I carry spares.

Buy getting an installer to supply and fit you will have him available for any call backs for 2 years and you will save a little bit because he will charge a small amount, in your case I guess about £400-£500 at 5% VAT on the bits he would classify as 'energy efficient controls'. You, if you supplied everything would lose this advantage.

Sponsored Links
Thank you guys for your valued inputs.

Apologies for coming across as scrooge - as this is probably one of the larger expenditures many make (behind house / car / divorce / etc) - I just wanted to sense check that I'd get value for money overall & that the system spec would partially pay for itself overtime...whilst trying to talk to the bank manager & humbly beg for a loan to expense the project...however, I needed to try & understand what sort of budget to work with in terms of borrowing the right amounts (loan interest rates are higher the less you borrow & reduce significantly after the magical 5k)

So I guess I'd be looking at borrowing 3.5k - 4.5k all in....now I'll know what level of interest rate to expect on my loan.

Again many thaks for your helpfull advice - still hoping for recommendations of quality installers around Notts / Derby's - seeing as I'm relatively new to the area & always previously bought new build & never really needed to change the main system...apart from engaging plumbers for emergency & breakdowns - I'm unaware of installers that can do this type of job.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back