Time to end Hinkley Point C - Windfarms now nearly half as cheap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
https://www.theguardian.com/environ...power-offshore-windfarm-costs-fall-record-low

Offshore windfarms will be built for a record low price in the UK early next decade, after developers bid far more aggressively than expected for a multimillion-pound pot of government subsidies.

Industry watchers had expected the guaranteed price for power from windfarms around Britain’s coast to come in somewhere between £70 and £80 per megawatt hour, below the £92.50 for a new nuclear power station at Hinkley Point.

But the “exceptionally low” results of a government auction on Monday for subsidy contracts show two offshore windfarms will be built for £57.50 per MWh, way below even the most extreme predictions. The price is half of what new offshore windfarms were being awarded just two years ago.

Sponsored Links
Renewables are intermittent

No developed / industrial country can rely on re-newables . (wind farms)

Exactly; it's not a case of windfarms are now cheaper than Hinckly C, it's that wind farms are intermitant, and Hinckly C is permenant and controlable. The real truth in this situation, is that Hinckly C is overpriced, over subsidised, and will come in late, and over budget, not that it should be raplced by windfarms because they require less subsidies.

Renewables are intermittent

No developed / industrial country can rely on re-newables . (wind farms)

with the rate we are heading towards our third world victorian nirvana I wouldnt bet against that

Sponsored Links
Exactly; it's not a case of windfarms are now cheaper than Hinckly C, it's that wind farms are intermitant, and Hinckly C is permenant and controlable. The real truth in this situation, is that Hinckly C is overpriced, over subsidised, and will come in late, and over budget, not that it should be raplced by windfarms because they require less subsidies.

Brexiters must hate Hinkley C? Built by the French, financed by the Chinese.

another silly remark from some one who has made some pretty nasty remarks about other forum users

probably a chip off of the same block as JD and way har bee ;)

another silly remark from some one who has made some pretty nasty remarks about other forum users

probably a chip off of the same block as JD and way har bee ;)

Hahaha Snowflake. How is that a nasty remark.

Even any of your mental gymnastics cannot get around the fact that its a diabolical deal.

Hahaha Snowflake. How is that a nasty remark.

Even any of your mental gymnastics cannot get around the fact that its a diabolical deal.

u have a short memory snow flake ;) do u not recall what u said to me in a previous post hmmmm snow flake ?? ;)

perhaps u have altered it hmmmm ? although I did respond so that post will still be there;)

I will give u a clue ?? emergency services ;) turn up around my house ;) ring a bell yet ????????

You hoped what ????

:)

another silly remark

Is transam not aware that the atomic kettle will be built by the French, financed by the Chinese, and subsidised by the British?

Somebody's going to make a lot of money out of it, and it won't be us.

u have a short memory snow flake ;) do u not recall what u said to me in a previous post hmmmm snow flake ?? ;)

perhaps u have altered it hmmmm ? although I did respond so that post will still be there;)

I will give u a clue ?? emergency services ;) turn up around my house ;) ring a bell yet ????????

You hoped what ????

I remember it well. It was in response to your denying a pay increase to the emergency services. You were also accusing Kankerot of being someone else (again!):
That sums you up perfectly. Disgusting not honouring our police, firemen and emergency workers.

nonsense (him again ;))

I hope one day you need the emergency services and they don't turn up.

I really don't understand why you would object to ending the pay freeze and increasing the number of police and firefighters.
It was about two and half months ago.
Have you been waiting this long to reply to that thread?
No wonder you forget who you have on ignore and who you do not. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

You hoped what ????

Like HS2, Hinkley will be another colossal waste of money that will line the pockets of foreign companies.

https://www.constructionnews.co.uk/...bn-civils-contracts-revealed/10021663.article

How does that sit with Brexit? How is that taking back control. Both deals were done by the Tories.

Is transam not aware that the atomic kettle will be built by the French, financed by the Chinese, and subsidised by the British?

Somebody's going to make a lot of money out of it, and it won't be us.

blimey :eek: u are joking

:LOL::LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back