Time to replace washing machine?

OM2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our washing machine is leaking
I think it's been leaking for well over a year!

I'm sure I can diagnose... and fix...
But, should I think of buying a new one instead?
The current one has lasted 10 years!

It stopped a few weeks back.
I replaced the brushes on the motor about 5 weeks ago, that's fixed that problem - but the washing machine is SUPER loud now!!
It's been exactly 1 year after I last replaced the brushes - I guess after market brushes aren't the same quality as original ones?

The washing... sometimes doesn't get washed well. We've tried cleaning grime in and around the machine - after looking up a few youtube videos.
Not done the trick 100%.

Diagnosing and fixing the leaking + giving it a super clean will take 3-4 hours work I guess.
Just don't want to do and find something else not working as it should do after a few months?

Would be great to hear what you guys suggest.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Believe it or not, this sounds exactly like our story.
The boss eventually decided that she wasn't going to let me try one last fix and we bought a new one.
The washing comes out a lot better and the machine is super quiet.
We only bought a cheap indesit £250 because our previous one served us well.

Been here recently with a dishwasher, that was 15 years old

I repaired it, worked for 2 weeks, then something else went wrong, so ordered some new parts, whilst waiting for the new parts , the drain pump went.

Cancelled the spares on order and bought a new machine. It's turning up Friday.

Decided I couldn't be bothered to keep chasing faults, due to the age it was inevitable something else will be on its last legs and I be forever chasing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back