Timer Switch easy question

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi I have a light switch that has to be swapped for a timer, there are two wires I believe one should be Blue and one Black, That isn't the case they are both brown, I have traced them back and marked the black one.
IMG_20170203_110344.jpg

The timer connection diagram is simple 5 = N(blue) 3 = L(black)
Screenshot_20170203-115806.png

Below picture there is a connection box of sorts and its a bit messy, On the picture there is a brown wire coming (arrow in) but it connects to not just brown wires (No.2 in picture), but one of my two brown wires does connect to it, so I have a brown and (No.1) a black..arrow out is leading to the switch.
IMG_20170203_110350_Ink_LI.jpg
When I connect the my Brown wire from the switch (which has power) to the timer slot 5 and I put the black into slot 3 nothing works, the timer has a switch on it 1=on 0=off Auto=Timer.

The brown wire in has power it lights my screwdriver, the black wire out does not have power in any of the switch settings.

If I disconnect the black different slots are getting power depending on the switch selection, but If I connect the black to that slot with power then there is no power to the black.

There has to be a simple thing I'm doing wrong, what is it?

I would be most grateful for any help :)

Sponsored Links
The two wires are Live and Switched Live. You do not have a Neutral at the switch.

To use that timer you will have to bring a third wire with Neutral to the switch.

Then conect the brown that is Switched Live to terminal 1 or terminal 2.

Sponsored Links
Back