timer switch for boiler/no CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have oil fired CH. Following a power cut, when the power came back on, the timer switch for the boiler did not. Power is still getting to the timer because it's displaying odd characters but no matter what buttons I press, it will not come back on. (I've had a few power cuts before, but this has never happened.) I managed to turn the boiler on its main switch once, but have not been able to since. Is the problem likely to be just that the timer needs replacing or have I now broken the boiler as well? (sorry - I obviously know nothing about this sort of thing :oops: !). If it's just the timer, are they easy to replace, or should I get a plumber out to service the whole thing?!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply - I have tried looking for something like that but couldn't see anything. It's stuck on the wall, so is it likely to be behind?

Sponsored Links
Thanks - I'll try that as well (I'm not at home at the moment, borrowing work computer ...)

what happens if you turn supply off then on again (simulate powercut)

Nothing - have tried that a few times, but no change.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back