Timeswitch wiring for pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, We live in France and have installed an oil boiler with an integrated 130L hot water tank, pressurised, so our boiler stays on all the time and just kicks in when the temp of the internal water drops.
When I want the central heating on I just need to start the pump but with the gas combi-boiler I have replaced, I had a Seimens timeswitch and have just bought a Danfoss TS715-Si to work the new system.
My question is, when I connect mains to the backplate, leaving the unit hanging on the wiring so the contacts can be accessed from the rear, if I turn the timeswitch on I can't get a 240V supply from any of the terminals.
On the net it's described as a 'voltage-free' at the terminals so does this mean that I can't actually get 240V to power the pump when I want to or and I not wiring it correctly?
Many thanks in advance, Steve.

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for that. I've coupled the two terminals together to power up the switching but I can't seem to get a 240V output from any of the terminals and am not sure as to which 2 should do it so I can decide whether it's my fault or whether it's a faulty unit - it was bought from ebay, new, boxed and from reputable dealer.
Any ideas!?

if you have linked L and 1 together then terminal 4 becomes live when you you run the programme.

have you pressed the reset button?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back