ting a FitSalamander pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm gonna bite the bullet and fit a Salamander pump to boost the shower pressure, thinking of the RSP 50 for my open vent gravity system, i read these pumps are easy to install, are they really easy enough to install, how long would it take a tradesman to fit and roughly how much, more than £100 ?

Sponsored Links
I'm midway through installing a pump. I haven't paid a plumber for a job for many years, so can't really comment on the costs, though I'd probably expect it to be more than £100 from what I hear of charges for things.

It's not a difficult job in principle (like many things!) , but there are various other things that need to be arranged as well.

It needs an electricity supply, which at the least probably means running a fused spur from a local socket.

The supply from the HW tank needs arranging, either a new side or top flange, or modifying the pipe work from the tank (important to be done properly so as to avoid air from the tank getting into the pump, which is bad for them.)

It needs a dedicated cold feed from the cold water cistern in the loft (hopefully easy enough if the the cistern is up in the loft above the bathroom. but can be more difficult. Ours was a quite a PITA as our house is effectively 2 old houses joined together and access above the bathroom is limited).

So, easily a few hours work I guess for a pro.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back