shower pump - leaking aav

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've been searching the forum but can't find a solution to this.
I'm replacing an old shower pump with a new Salamander RSP 50. Pump in airing cupboard, up-and-over pipework via loft. Standard HW cylinder and cold tank setup.
Should be a straight swap, but I'm also installing bottle aavs to high point of pipes in loft, as recommended by Salamander. I've installed 15mm tees with the aavs sitting upright on a couple of inch length of pipe.

The aavs leak when the shower is turned on, and especially when it's turned off again. Leak reduced when I close the vent, but obviously that stops air getting out too. What have I done wrong?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Open the vents to bleed all the air out, then close the vents and use the shower as normal.

Leave the vents CLOSED.

Andy

Thanks - that's done the trick.

Out of interest, in this case what's 'automatic' about the aavs? I'm assuming nothing, if I have to manually open and close to vent air?
I have a similar vent in the airing cupboard (different model) and never had any problems...

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back