ct 50 shower pump problem

tried that got two isolation valves on hot and cold behind the wall to the shower valve im getting nothing through the hot now even when i isolate the cold at one point i tried this and got the pulsating thing again just seems that its not drawing enough from the cylinder there is no constant speed of water..

Sponsored Links
i will try that tommorow if the water comes through at a steady rate what do you think i should do,can you see any faults with my instalation ask me anything about it do you think i have picked the right pump for the job its only feeding one onsuite shower nothing else a 1.5 bar pump should be able to push the water up and over the loft into the shower dont you think.
regards

yes the pump is ok.
yes will pump ok. the install sounds ok.
have you a digital camera that you can take a few pics and show me, this is how you download them.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=99672

strange that it's not pumping on hot, i'll have another look at your post and try work it out for you.
i'll be on tomorrow night.
and see what you can find tomorrow.

did you take the pump feed out of the side of the flange and not top?

Sponsored Links
yep took the feed in from the side of the salamander s flange and reconnected the vent to the top of the flange.this is driving me mad ill try and take some photos of it shall i fit a manual air vent and take out the aav and try that i might try to flood the hot water pipework via a tempory filling loop then try turning the mixer valve to hot.what do you think ive tried almost everything else. :(

tried to backfill the full system tonight to get rid of any air locks in the pipework but still no joy,the hot feed into the pump the one via the s flange seems to be very poor pressure i dissconected the hot outlet to the pump and stuck an pushfit isolation valve on it the open it up into a bucket the hot water is ****e upstairs still pump struggles can it be the head of water or not the ct 50 should still be able to get the hot to the shower valve surely.help last resort now or i will have to take the pump out and advise them to get an electric shower which i dont want...... :cry:

distance from cws to pump is not a problem.
if your cold from the cws is ok your hot should be. as the head is taken from the cws tank because that feeds your cylinder.
so you have even pressure from cold / hot to the pump.

i've never see a surrey flange give a poor flow unless something has blocked it.

comes of in 22mm down to bottom of cylinder then reduced to 15mm into the pump thats what the pump flex connectors are..

can't see how the surrey flange can be the problem
never have one give poor flow.

you have nothing else inthe pipe between the surrey flange and pump ?

did you get any pics ?

the thing is tho i tee d off at first ,just below the vent tee in 15mm straight into the pump inlet that didnt work either thats why i got the s flange..

don't need to raise pump.
i sit all my pumps on floor next to cylinder.
im lost how you have a cws in loft cylinder in cupboard below and teeing off or surrey flange is not working.
it don't tally up never seen that happen

your hot should be same pressure out as it is fed from same cws.

i no its mad ive had 2 of my mate s who are also plumbers on the phone to me goin over everthing just to see if i messed up somewere none of it adds up its doin my head in making in me doubt myself but everthing is right i backfilled it earlier on via connecting a filling loop to the hot and cold at the basin isolation valves in that shower room the mains pressure should have made the hot an equal pressure at the shower head but there was no eqalibium at all i hate this f$%K^n job i wish i aint started in now..

reading your first post you moved the cws from the cupboard to the loft , what size pipe are you feeding the cylinder from the cws in ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back