ct 50 shower pump problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone ,im having a bit of a nightmare with a shower i have just installed,i have fitted a shower thermostatic mixer valve about 5 metres away from the HWC i have had to raise the cwst into the loft from the airing cupboard,i have got a positive head of about 2 feet from the top of the shower head to the bottom of the tank in the loft,so basically not enough so thats why i fitted a salamander ct 50 pump 1.5 bar i have give the pump its own individual feeds ie the cold inlet from the cwsc and the hot via a salamander s flange comes off in 22mm the reduced straight into the pump inlet in 15mm. both outlet then go straight up into the loft in 15mm across the loft about 5 metres then down into the shower itself.the problem is the hot wont come through the cold is fine.i thought it might be an airlock so i fitted an aav directly above the hot shower pipework but still no joy i rang salamander they sent me a non return valve for the hot still no joy the tank i 25 gallons but it still should draw the hot threw please someone help me i am losing my mind on this job please help.... :cry:

Sponsored Links
I CANNOT FIGURE OUT IF ITS AIRLOCKED OR NOT THE PUMP SEEMS TO BE WORKING THE COLD IS FLYING THREW IF I PUT A MANUAL AIRVALVE AT THE HIGHEST POINT TO THE PUMP INLET WILL THAT WORK. :confused:

Sponsored Links
SORRY READ YOU REPLY WRONG YES THE HOT SEEMS TO BE GETTING TO THE PUMP BUT NOT TO THE MIXER VALVE ON THE SHOWER :)

i have put an aav above the hot water pipework in the loft that is the highest point still no joy what if i connect a filling loop to the hot pipework and try to flush it threw at mains pressure because the cold side is working then turn the hot side on just a thought what do you think.is it an airlock. :confused:

on the outlet to the hot side of the pump salamander sent me it i also put one on the cold out let side the problem was the same even before i put them on the non return valves did not make a difference..

it is plumbed up the right way to the inlets and outlets what is strange is i thought that if i switch them around hot in the cold and cold in the hot this might force the hot threw elliminating a broken impella or faulty pump but no joy still nothing threw the hot side of the pipework i even tried siphoning the water manually by sucking it threw at the shower end got a trickle and that was it. :confused: its driving me mad talk to 5 different plumbers my pipework seems up to scratch done everything i can i could ring salamander up to get an engineer down to me but id rather fix it myself for my own sanity.

yeah cold into hot side and still nothing, at one point i did have hot water coming threw the hot shower pipe the pump was trying its best the water came in intervals pulsing i told salamander this then they sent me that non return valve ,they called it ramrodding :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back