Tiny bubbles on painted wall.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've tried to paint regular White Emulsion (Dulux Silk) onto a room in our house, and we have started to get tiny little bubbles in the paint? We sanded these down and applied another coat.

We've got about 3-4 coats on there now and it doesn't seem to have got much better.

A friend of mine said that it may have been an oil based paint on the walls previously (some sort of kiddy paint for childrens rooms) and that we should try putting a coat of 'cheap' gloss undercoat on it which should take emulsion on top of that?

Thought I'd check in here first. Please help

Sponsored Links
If its a kidy paint then it will be water based.

It could be so many reason...

But scraping off the worst bots and sanding them down is ok....its should be ok to use an undercoat over it too...but why not try acrylic primer undercoat instead....it may work.

Failing that ordinary u/c will do but make sure you brush it out otherwise you could end up seeing it under the finish emulsion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back