tiny toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our home has a really small downstairs loo.

One solution would be to put the cistern behind the wall, so that a smaller pan is closer to the wall. This wall is nearly 30cm thick though!

Workable????

Sponsored Links
:whistle:

473602DE-E494-4AAB-B6F3-830F854D62A8.jpeg

Yes workable, you could fit air flush valve as the hoses are more than 300mm long or can be extended.

Sponsored Links
Our home has a really small downstairs loo.

One solution would be to put the cistern behind the wall, so that a smaller pan is closer to the wall. This wall is nearly 30cm thick though!

Workable????

A high level cistern mounted above head height on the wall above the toilet, with a chain, like they used to have long ago?

Tell us the dimensions of the room, and where the door, window and other obstructions are. A sketch would be even better.

Does the soil pipe go vertically through the floor, or horizontally through the wall?

Is the floor concrete?

Hi,

The room is more like a cupboard than a room! It's under the stairs - 90cm deep and 180cm high, so barely space inside to get clothes down/up to use the toilet if the door is shut......

I thought of having the cistern high, but don't have the height to do that (of course still need access above the cistern).

Soil is horizontal through the wall, but bends through the wall. I've a 60cm flexible soil pipe that I could use if cutting back the existing soil reveals a bend too soon.

Floor is suspended on wooden joists.

Thanks for all the help,

Mark

Yes workable, you could fit air flush valve as the hoses are more than 300mm long or can be extended.

Thanks - I cannot seem to find longer hoses, can you give me a link or a clue as to what to search for please?

There are also slimline cisterns- often plastic so not everyone's cup of tea.

My work's building is 1940's and most of the thunderboxes are original. The high level cisterns are actually on a side wall, which could be an option?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back