Tips for unpasted lining paper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cos I'm a rubbish wallpaperer I got a more experienced person in to do my hall and landing. They're not professional and quite proud of what they've done. However, now they've finished there's a few edges that seem not to have been fully pasted down and have come away from the wall. They're very small sections but one in particular is very noticable. What's the best way to re-glue them? There's isn't any paste left, is there and easy method and application?

Sponsored Links
Assuming I've got the paste how can it be applied to a 3inch by 2inch flap on the side of a piece of paper? Sorry if this sounds a bit lame but never done it before and I don't want to start slapping paste all over the place or removing a whole strip of paper. :eek:

Sponsored Links
Instead of the wet type of paste, you can get something called Border and Overlap adhesive which is more like a glue. It sticks really well. I'm a rubbish wallpaperer (so in the past I've frequently had edges that don't stick) and I've found that this works well. You can apply it with a small brush - try a child's paintbrush. I'm sure the experts will roll up their eyes at this but if you find it hard to get behind the paper, you could tear it a little while it's dry (I think tearing works better than cutting) and then glue it back into place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back