Tired looking sleepers

One last thing is remember if you burn any of the offcuts / waste of real railway sleepers, bear in mind they burn with amazing intensity (don't put in your log burner!!)

On the contrary, creosoted wood burns really well in a log burner ;) Just don't store it in the house, handle with gloves or tongs, and (ideally) use in a stove that is already burning hot.

Cheers
Richard

Sponsored Links
I have decided to do it!! Not so bothered anymore about cresote, the kids are older and no pets. Ill post some finished pics. In reality they may sit outside for a month and ill be doing it in the freezing cold. Disposal of old ones is a good point. More sawing and taking to dump then, our council bans burning treated wood

One last thing is remember if you burn any of the offcuts / waste of real railway sleepers, bear in mind they burn with amazing intensity (don't put in your log burner!!)

On the contrary, creosoted wood burns really well in a log burner ;) Just don't store it in the house, handle with gloves or tongs, and (ideally) use in a stove that is already burning hot.

Cheers
Richard

I'll let the OP coming whineing to you then when they cracked the glass and split the stove then!! They burn with incredible ferocity!

Sponsored Links
I'll let the OP coming whineing to you then when they cracked the glass and split the stove then!! They burn with incredible ferocity!

Is this what happened to you? Really? I've burned a load of old creosoted fence post in mine, with no issues.

Cheers
Richard

Unfortunately i have no burning facility. Just bought 6 sleepers for delivery tomorrow, watch this space...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back