Titan mitre saw has some play

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had this Titan mitre saw for a couple of years
It looks like it started to have some play, so if I set it to 0 deg it can move anywhere between -2 and 2

This is due to this retaining rod, which is a couple of mm smaller that the hole

upload_2022-3-10_10-23-55.jpeg

I’m not sure if it is supposed to have something in there that it might have broken and got lost

Sponsored Links
do a web search for "exploded diagram off a titanxxx saw " inserting the model number off course

do a web search for "exploded diagram off a titanxxx saw " inserting the model number off course
there is nothing, I was hoping to find someone with the same that could have a look at theirs

Sponsored Links
For Titan spares you could always give Solent Tools a shout. They can supply some spares for Titan power tools

I don't know if it is any help, but on many Makita saws you get wear in the (cast-in) detents beneath the turntable, so when you get sloppiness in them it is generally a case of replacing the part of the turntable that has the detents in it. With Mak saws it takes a LOT of usage to get to that point, but curing this requires replacing that big aluminium casting.

DW and Festool saws, together with the latest generation of Makitas, use a stainless steel notched detent plate screwed to the upper area of the turntable which is essily replaced.

Not sure which system your saw uses, but if there is no or minimal slop at other angles, like 22.5 deg or 45 deg, I think you might be looking at a a new turntable base

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back