1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

TMV and shower outlet woes....

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by ABCwarrior, 2 May 2021.

1. ABCwarrior

ABCwarrior

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi folks,

Following on from my radiator questions (thanks for all the replies) here's my next set of questions !!!

Had a look at the idea of:
    A- tile over tiles(not keen)
    B- fit Respotex or equivalent over it.
    C- rip it all off the wall, replace plasterboard with marine ply(+ tiles or Respotex) and diligently work around existing (concealed) TMV and outlet, or even better replace with external TMV etc
    D- leave it alone and have a beer....!

I can remove all necessary fittings it seems bar the outlet to the shower hose, and I've a very funny feeling this is the Achilles heel to the job if I avoid option "C"

It has no "decorative" covers so any work around it can be hidden, and I cannot see any way it can be removed. Seems to be fitted from inside the shower and fixed in the cavity off of dwangs/noggins where it is plumbed in. We had work done 11 years ago to re jig our downstairs plumbing (frozen pipes in a brand new house in the Scottish Highlands that was based on "scandinavian design" lol) and I thankfully took some photos of behind the TMV and can see where the descending pipe from the TMV to outlet is...maybe it can be unscrewed from in the cubicle I have no idea....

Thanks again....!

Attached Files:

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Dangee

Dangee

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Unthread it.lol. Twist it anti clockwise. ;)

4. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local