TN-C-S earth bonding

Securespark

(Sent my son to get on with the photos.)

The truth is Securespark ... you don't!

More to the point, the lecky company don't either. No company employee has actually read my meter in the 18 years I've been here. They turn up, take one look and rely on me reading it standing on the bannister and leaping across to the adjacent window. Only a few months ago someone arrived to change the meter. He came with a small step ladder as he had been forewarned (by the bloke who'd come before him I assume). The ladders were hopelessly too short so he left, saying he'd be back.

The cost of moving this meter etc terrifies me so I'll keep quiet until powergen prompt UU after I stop being so helpful with the meter readings.
Anyway I'm not getting any younger!

Do you think I could manoeuvre them into doing their bit of the work for free? :cool:

The fact of the matter is that browsing through this forum has told me that all my electrics need professional help!

Mike G

Sponsored Links
In lieu of a picture with tncs the green and yellow disapears inside the cutout (whein, though you can't see it, they splice it to the neutral), with tns it is bared back and connected visibly to the outer sheeth of the supply cable, be that lead or wire.

Broken neutral between you and one of the multiple earth points along the line could leave your house floating between 0v and 230v so an earth spike would be like a guy teather on a hot air balloon, keeping it firmly grounded.

That doesn't sound like a bad idea, how often do overhead lines get lampooned by gales and light aircraft? Often enough. You have overhead lines bringing your teather. You can't rely on the other incoming services to teather you to ground. nobody can.

Paul Barker said:
In lieu of a picture with tncs the green and yellow disapears inside the cutout (whein, though you can't see it, they splice it to the neutral), with tns it is bared back and connected visibly to the outer sheeth of the supply cable, be that lead or wire.
I've seen picures TN-S cutouts where all the wiring was hidden.

Unless you can see either a join to the cable sheath or a join from neutral to earth the only way to find out is to compare the P-N and P-E loop impedances.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back