To Boiler servicemen

• Thread starter Doctor Drivel
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Doctor Drivel

In combis with electric 3-way valves. What is the percentage that are all energised on CH calling? And on what is it on DHW calling?

Sponsored Links
tumbleweed.gif

you would think they return to hw position so they can deliver hw on demand but some dont .Worcester greenstars do . they have to have a valve excersice program (ie move every 24 hrs) if they do to prevent sticking

Sponsored Links
What would it matter? You think people who post here are only fit to work on drains, or perhaps only fit to inhabit them. I'd be surprised if you get much help until you show some respect.

What would it matter? You think people who post here are only fit to work on drains, or perhaps only fit to inhabit them. I'd be surprised if you get much help until you show some respect.

sums it up in a nutshell

In combis with electric 3-way valves. What is the percentage that are all energised on CH calling? And on what is it on DHW calling?

You dont understand how they work!

They motor to one position when one tag is powered and the motor to the next position when the other tag is powered.

The motor actually only rotates in one direction though!

Most rest in the DHW position when a heating period ends.

Most have the pin in on the motor but thats out on the diverter valve.

But most is not all! Vokera like to be different and anually confuse hundreds of service engineers because some of their flow switches are "out" when there is no flow!

Tony

I do you plantpot!!!

They motor to one position when one tag is powered and the motor to the next position when the other tag is powered.

You don't say!! Wow! An astute observation!!!

The motor actually only rotates in one direction though!

Most rest in the DHW position when a heating period ends.

Which most? W-B de-energise to DHW

Most have the pin in on the motor but thats out on the diverter valve.

But most is not all! Vokera like to be different and anually confuse hundreds of service engineers because some of their flow switches are "out" when there is no flow!
Tony

Which sort of electric 3 way valves? There are several.
The rest of your question is ambiguous.
If you think you understand them all, why not just look in the manuals? They may not tell you explicitly but it's trivial to work out. Most of us don't accumulate statistics, we just work it out and mend the things on the spot.

I do you plantpot!!!
Work it out for yourself then? Unless you need a spanner monkey to tell you.

What would it matter? You think people who post here are only fit to work on drains,

I addressed it to boiler servicemen not dopey plumbers.

Well since you think people who post here are dopey plumbers, as you think they are only fit to work on drains, why bother asking the question? Try the gas fitters forum (or aren't you allowed in?).

Of course he does not qualify for the Combustion Chamber. He is not CORGI registered and he has never fitted a boiler.

When he says he has installed solar he means he has paid the experts who know how to do installation work.

In any case he is retired!

His original question is, in most cases, demonstrating a lack of understanding of the valves used in most boilers! They dont rest anywhere! Its the controlling PCB which "rests them" !

Tony

Who gives a flying Fornication Under Consent of King?????

So long as I can figure out when one isnt working I have no room in my life for such a useless statistic.

When they made a balls up of the 2005 energy efficiency tests You must be the office girl they threw the CE 29 and CE30 leaflets etc at and gave you the instructions to "Make a hundred questions out of that"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back