to buy or not to buy

Sponsored Links
I'd hazard your only hope is to squeeze it in between beds 1 & 2, reducing bed 1 in the process. Services aside that is.

I'd approach it as a 2 bed property that needs a bathroom and there just happens to be a box room that might be convertible. If that doesn't fit your investment criteria then walk away

Daft question, but where was the bathroom previously and how are they doing without one? Can you move a bedroom into the loft? Can you get a mortgage (if you need one) on a property with no bathroom?

Sponsored Links
where are the drains?

have they got an outside WC in the garden?

what's happened to the other houses in the street? that will give you a much better idea of what can be done, and how marketable the houses are, and what they're worth.

I agree that it's a (small) 2-bed house really. Nobody who wants a 3-bed will want it.

If it's a BTL, will you mind it being untenanted for 6 months while you deal with planning, BR, drain-laying and unreliable builders?

I don't believe it can be classed as a habitable dwelling without any bathroom/toilet facilities so that must give some room to manoeuvre on price and I agree with rjm2k on the mortgage issue. But whatever you will have to sacrifice a bedroom to install one.

where are the drains?

have they got an outside WC in the garden?

what's happened to the other houses in the street? that will give you a much better idea of what can be done, and how marketable the houses are, and what they're worth.

I agree that it's a (small) 2-bed house really. Nobody who wants a 3-bed will want it.

If it's a BTL, will you mind it being untenanted for 6 months while you deal with planning, BR, drain-laying and unreliable builders?

yes outside toilet , have not seen it yet .

i would approach it as a 2 bed really worst case , it would be easy to put the bathroom in the box room as drains must be at the back.

to keep it a 3 bed i assume a loft conversion and single rear extention is about all you can do with it to maximise space.

garden is only small 40ft long , cash purchase so no problem with mortgage etc.

want it to do up and resell, other 3 beds larger with a longer 100 foot garden have gone for 400k plus this one is 275k

Where is the bathroom now? It must have one.

Where is the bathroom now? It must have one.

well looked at it , had a broom cupboard with a shower in it and a toilet in a lean to out the back .

definatly a 2 bed place unless you carve up the space above the stair case at the front.

needs a single story extention with a few velux in the roof and a bi fold door on it to maximise the space really.

Single storey extension :confused: No One wants a downstairs bathroom . It`s a 2 bed with a half decent bathroom ( and an outside privy for the gardener ;) ) It`s the location ( and what £ you can beat seller down to ) that should decide it for you - there must be a market for 2 bedders in Surrey - Just watch out for the travelling builders ;)

Single storey extension :confused: No One wants a downstairs bathroom . It`s a 2 bed with a half decent bathroom ( and an outside privy for the gardener ;) ) It`s the location ( and what £ you can beat seller down to ) that should decide it for you - there must be a market for 2 bedders in Surrey - Just watch out for the travelling builders ;)

went in one day , the market is strong in surrey in the right area

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-41777546.html

this one came on today sold within the hour

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back