To match, or not to match grout lines!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I'm having a bit of a dilemma at the moment deciding what to do about the tiles in our bathroom, and I'm hoping someone here can help! We have bought two sets of tiles, because we planned on doing a 'feature' wall on the front sink/toilet facing wall. We've got black polished tiles for the rear and side walls, and white polished tiles for the front wall. Now, the problem is the tiles were supposed to all be the same size, 30x60cm, but in actuality the white site are roughly 1-2mm shorter in height than the black tiles. Doh!

Ideally, I'd like the grout lines to match in each corner and follow from wall to wall. So i'm wondering how easy it would be to mess around with different sized spacers until i achieve roughly the same gap between the black and white tiles where they meet up in the front left and front right corners. Is this just asking for trouble and should I consider a different approach? I had thought about doing the front wall vertical, and the rest horizontal, but that sounds a bit amateur? Not sure :)

Anyway, what would the pros do in this situation? I guess they wouldn't buy tiles from different batches, but despite that - if anyone has some advice it would be very much appreciated! :)

Many thanks,

Andy

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back