To wash or not to wash - previously emulsion painted ceiling

Zampa -

Ah, I see there is a separate section for trade clients; this paint doesn't figure in the products listed on the general site. Anyway, he's not using the all seasons, though perhaps he should if he doesn't get it finished before he goes on holiday on Oct. 8 for 2 weeks. I see from the information on the website that with either of these products, if you are going over a similar colour, which he is, you can get away with one coat. Hmm. We are being charged for 2. Wonder whether we will get them.

John D - I doubt if he's getting a backhander in cash but I'll ring up and ask what the price is; will also check with my paintshop where I used to live; I know they stock trade.

Sponsored Links
Incidentally, I see the All Seasons is solvent based and has to be thinned, where necessary, with white spirit.

I wondered that to Jon..even so..its hell of a price.

Wonder what the colour is? An off the shelf colour. Or a cd mix = v pricey...

Dulux have gone mental just lately.. I'm having probs in price area..£53.00 for dulux diamond matt Space colour. :( Manged to get it down to 47 but fkn ell.. seems my decci centre where I have my account is hoping us sole traders will subsidise the larger players.. Seems a round trip of 20 miles to nearest large b & q will be worthwhile soon....
:rolleyes:

TBH I have only had one masonry job this year and that was bril/white .. cheap as chips but colours go mental prices...

Sponsored Links
Its simple mate..they dont want the custom from smaller deckies..even though im 5'11

I piocked up a can of stain block to seal a dodgy wall in my house from my local DDC..when I got the invoice through the other day it was dearer than the price on the shelf..:eek:

They tried it on a few years ago..put everyones prices up and didnt tell them so painters had priced work at say 14 quid for 5 litres..then get a bill for 17 quid..times that over all the paint for a month and it adds up..there was murders at our local centre loads of blokes closed their accounts there and then

They have done it again since..the small guy is subsidising the big players.

They can **** emselves in the future!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back