TOILET BOWL FILLING UP!!! HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:?: The other day I had flushed the toilet and my partner noticed water coming from the outside pipe (the u bend waste pipe on outside wall coming from the loo). On closer inspection it looks like someone has drilled a 5mm hole and thats where the waste water is fountaining out from!! Should the pipe have the hole?? Because since we noticed the fountain of waste that flows in front of our window , the toilet bowl now doesnt empty when flushed! My fella rang me up hysterical cos he couldnt get rid of his turds! I spent 2 hours fishing plunging and emptying the crap! then tried the drain unblocking springy rod thing 5 times to see if there was a blockage but felt no resistance. and have used one shot drain unbock liquid from b&q. still our toilet will not empty when flushed. someone help please................... :mad: :?: :!:

Sponsored Links
WHere exactly is this hole?
Do a search on "siphonic" - is it one o' them?

It sounds as if its blocked outside!

The hole was probably there all the time but now the level is higher it overflows.

Needs proper drain rodding from whatever access is available on the outside.

Are you a male or some kind of matcho drain cleaning female?

Tony

Are you a male or some kind of matcho drain cleaning female?

Tony[/quote]

i'm female but not macho, just he couldnt stomach the smell so i ended up doin the dirty work! :confused:

Sponsored Links
Now isn't that typical of a man!!!

Would you like an apprenticeship with a drain clearing franchisee? It can be quite well paid if you dont mind some dirty work and occasional unsocial hours?

Or are you a highly paid barrister or anaesthetist already?

Tony

Hope you are happy with the help so far... :LOL:

Do you have a flat or a house? About how old is it?

Is there a "manhole cover" in your garden, or your neighbours?

Have you got a baby that uses disposable nappies?

Probably a nurse, drain cleaning is easy peasy on the stomach when you've worked in a ward with Clostridium Dificile, Rotavirus or Norwalk.

Sure it isn't just something caught in the toilet? You can only be entirely sure by removing toilet pan and looking back in from behind.

If it is in the outside pipework there is something that might just work.

Fill the bath to the absolute brim, and let the lot go, simultaneously flush loo and empty full sinks all together.

Probably best to block off that hole first.

Paul Barker said:
Sure it isn't just something caught in the toilet?
I was thinking it had to be downstream of the hole... it must be backing up :oops:

""" Is there a manhole in the garden"""

I dont think this is what she needs at the moment!!! How about a unisex "inspection chamber ???

"""Fill the bath to the absolute brim, and let the lot go, simultaneously flush loo and empty full sinks all together."""

That sounds like a recipe for water flooding over the rim of the WC pan !!!

Tony

JohnD said:
Have you got a baby that uses disposable nappies?

Tell me about it, I got about two years worth of baby wipes out of our drains, weant downstairs to lodgers that have two babies, no not us. Asked wife, though it's 8 years since our youngest had his arse wiped for him, no not me.

They must have backed up from the sewer then.

Agile said:
That sounds like a recipe for water flooding over the rim of the WC pan !!!

Tony

Yes but it'll either kill or cure, they have a problem anyway, it often works.

If she is a nurse it'll not bother her.

I got my best toilet unblocking training working nights on a ward where a lot of the children had CF. Adolescents, who live in non compliance at home, and don't take their enzymes. So when they come in their stools are very fatty and block the loo. One night they were all blocked and maintenance had gone home.

So yours truly clawed it out.

That's nursing.

My job now is just so much easier it's untrue, but the pay isn't as good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back