Toilet cistern entry fill valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last couple of days i have been hearing some noises in the toilet cistern.
I have removed the lid and the water level is about 2 inches from the line at which it is noramly at.
The noise is coming from the top of the inlet valve.
If i touch it ever so slightly it then allows the water to continue into the cistern and then stops at the correct level on the side of the cistern wall.
Sometimes the noise is not there and upon checking the level is correct.
I am looking to replace this fill valve and i am looking at the screw fix item 47792
I assume these are pretty much a universal item ?
In that i mean as its not connected to anything other than the inlet water pipe there should be no reason why the item mentioned cant be fitted ?
My toilet cistern is mains fed.
Please advise,many thanks.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/fluidmaster-brass-shank-bottom-entry-fill-valve/47792

Sponsored Links
Yes, fit that, good choice. I've been fitting Fluidmaster stuff for years with no problems. Everything you need is in the box (except tools). ;)

Hi
Its as simple as water off,old valve out & new valve in ?

Sometimes when my existing cistern stops filling there a slight water hammer,will this also help with that ?

Without knowing what - or seeing a picture of - your existing vale is it is dificult to say whethr it can be fixed or needs replacing.

I can recommend the Fluidmaster range. It's what I have - through choice.

Its as simple as water off,old valve out & new valve in ?

Sometimes when my existing cistern stops filling there a slight water hammer,will this also help with that ?
Yes it is, and probably not, in that order.

Sponsored Links
I would just like to replace the existing item for new.
So as you have mentioned that the FM is ok i will purchase & fit that unit.

I assume its ok for high mains pressure ?
Otherwise can i just turn down the stop cock a turn or two ?

I have now replaced the existing fill valve with the Fluidmaster from screw fix.
Job took 20 minutes start to finish.

Many thanks now works a treat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back