toilet cistern keeps running but does not fill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Gala dual flush loo with the push button on the top. The water is running all the time through the pipes and some is running straight down the sides of the pan - but the cistern does not fill or flush.

I feel that the ball cock or valve needs some attention but I cannot get the top off due to the dual flush push button.

CAN ANY ONE HELP PLEASE....................
fixergirl

Sponsored Links
the push button prob unscrews...grab the pushbutton device and screw anti clockwise this should get it off so you can access the cistern

I've come across 2 type of push buttons. Some unscrew, the other type you have to pull the cap of one of the push buttons (Easiest done while the other button is bushed down) to get at a screw under it.

You remove the flush buttons by pushing and holding down one button whilst wiggling the other one out. Once you've removed the first button (usually the larger), you can remove the second. Next there will then be a screw that needs removing before you can remove the outer ring or cistern lid.

The buttons have a little snib on the back of them and they need to be dislocated before they can be removed.

Once you have done it you will find it much easier the next time.

Sponsored Links
And fixergirl, read the rules and don't post same thing twice under different topic headings. I've just wasted time replying to your duplicate when it had already been answered here. Shall I waste my time on you again !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back