Toilet difficult to flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bear with me for not knowing the technical terms, but if I did I probably wouldn't need to ask this question...

Our toilet is getting hard to flush. It's a bog-standard (ha) toilet with a cistern mounted just behind. When you press the lever, there's not the normal 'resistance' you expect on the lever, the same as if you tried to flush it too soon after a previous flush and it hadn't had time to refil yet. But the cistern is full. Sometimes it's worse than others, but it's getting worse overall.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
seems like the diaphragm has worn in the siphon - you will need to buy a new siphon (a bout a tenner). make sure you get the correct size one though, eg 8" or 9.5"

Sponsored Links
ok when you do this, measure the siphon height first to get the right size replacement and also be careful when taking ghe doughnut washer off, if it splits/cracks water wuill leak from the cistern/pan join !! you might then need a new replacement (a like for like one) as not all doughnuts fit all wc's!!! - and it can be hard to get exact replacements!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back