Toilet dimensions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a standard height for the waste exit from a back-to-wall toilet pan?
Reason for asking is we've got several brochures from different manufacturers, and whilst some give dimensions (typically 175-185mm from floor to centre of 102mm dia exit pipe) many don't.
As I don't have the option to change the soil pipe itself and am stuck with what I've got, this dimension is critical to a successful installation and may affect what toilet I buy. what worries me is that the existing pan was placed on a chipboard plinth. This could be to strengthen the mounting, or to make up the required height.
It seems odd that it isn't quoted everytime, unless there is a standard dimension.
TIA
Mike

Sponsored Links
that the existing pan was placed on a chipboard plinth. This could be to strengthen the mounting, or to make up the required height.

probably to get the height

it tends to depend on the age of the pan and the manufacturer lot of cheap pottery from abroad floating around now
;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back