Toilet dripping and running (already cleaned and checked seals on flush)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have checkef through prévois threads and done as advised, but the toilet is still dripping.

I have a toilet with the flush concealed in the wall. I have heard dripping from behind the tiles and water runs constantly down the back of the toilet (not enough to see but if I put my finger I can see the flow). I took out the central part of the flush to check it, cleaned off the timescale and the seal looked fine. The bottom seal had some timescale, which I also cleaned off (see picture).

I didn't touch the other part of the flush (float?) because I couldn't get it out.

The toilet is still running (although less) and I still hear the drip. I took a video https://photos.app.goo.gl/sfyMZjuF9fqpLDr47. I think the running water is just the pipes emptying as I could only turn off the mains, the one in the toilet is seized. But there is a drip from the flush.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? I am almost at the point of calling a plumber because it is so awkward to do anything in the tiny space.

Also, when I refitted the central part, when you flush the toilet it no longer goes back down fully unless I push it, so in fact the problem is worse!

Thank you!

Attachments

• 20230108_160845.jpg
    20230108_160845.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 26
Sponsored Links
Could be the part that connects to the cistern, or seal could be perished.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back