Toilet Filling Slowly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

A few weeks ago we noticed the toilet started filling slowly along with an odd ‘snoring’ noise... (Only way I can think of describing the noise.)

Anyway, about a year ago it was filling slowly and replaced a split diaphragm washer after a quick google and problem solved, so first thing I checked was this washer again.

Looked fine, so just popped it back in.

The odd noise stopped when filling, but it’s still been slow for a few weeks. I’ve replaced the washer just in case it was that, and it’s nice an tight, but still slow to fill.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Could be dirt or scale in the seating is it on high (mains) or low (tank) pressure and is the correct seating fitted?

Sponsored Links
Check that the mechanism is moving freely through its travel when the float drops and rises. Take everything apart and give everything a good flush and clean under a tap (make sure small parts can’t go down the plug hole). Check all internal apertures are clear and use a toothpick and old toothbrush to clean. Check diaphragm again for grime and any splits. Take care to reassemble correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back