Toilet Wont Stop Filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I recently had a problem with my toilet filling up v slowly. I did some research and found out the diaphragm washer had split and that was the cause (or most likley).

I ordered the part off the net and in the meantime I used the isolation valvue on the toilet to stop it from filling.

I got the washer today and put it in and it appears to stop the toilet from filling via the "arm" part of the toilet, i.e at the top, the float raises and stops the water coming out. However, the toilet still fills.

After a couple of flushes and watching the toilet fill there are bubbles coming out of the bottom of the unit (apologies I dont know what its called.)

My toilet cistern inside looks like the one below.

130000_129862_17239_52209479.jpg

Any advice is welcome.

Sponsored Links
I have sorted it. It appears that I hadnt seated the diaphragm washer correctly, or when I screwed the bit in it moved it. I have seated it correctly now and it appears to be working.

Apologies and thanks for taking the time to look

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back