Toilet filling up very very slowly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Chaps,

My toilet takes about 20 minutes to fill up, I've taken the top off and had a look but can't work it out, the water comes out a hole that is so small you can hardly see it when you remove that part so the water comes out with a loud hiss.

How does this work?

Sponsored Links
this happened to my system , you need a new toilet cistern about 12 pounds fixes problem immediately

I think newcareer means new valve, not the whole cistern.

Have you got an isolator tap in the pipework leading up to connection to the valve (just below the cistern). If so, you could easily turn off the supply, and dismantle the valve without removing it from the cistern to check for any new parts. You could also check the water pressure by turning on the isolator with the valve opened, carefully!!!!

Looks like a cheap ass siamp B&Q toilet - had exactly the same problem whilst the family were over at christmas :(

If you turn the water off you can unscrew the large nut next to where the fine jet of water is coming out from. Inside you should fine a rubber diaphragm with a plastic piece in the middle - this generates a pressure differential when the float drops when the toilet is flushed, which opens the valve to refill the cystern. It should have a small tear in it somewhere which is what stops it working.

I purchased a replacement online:

http://www.gofixit.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh...valve_diaphragm_washer.html#aDSC9990#aDSC9990

It was the siamp diaphragm washer - cant guarantee it will fit yours, but it certainly looks identical.

Ben

Sponsored Links
You are spot on m8, I did what you said and the diaphragm was split.

Is there any chance B+Q might have this part?

Wouldn't have thought so to be honest. Can but try i suppose but never seen anything like that for sale there..

I'd have thought that, after almost 2 years, they'll have it sorted by now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back