Toilet fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know what you would call this toilet, but it's what I would say is a close coupled back to the wall toilet - like this:

http://www.aquabliss.co.uk/shop/product/274/Metro_Toilet/

It's designed to fit flush against the wall, hiding all the pipework.

I quite liked the idea of having one of them , but when I approached a local firm that does bathrooms (I want the whole bathroom done), the guy told me that these kinds of toilets aren't suitable for fitting here - they're a continental type toilet and require an access panel at the rear for getting the waste pipe into them, blah, blah, blah.

Maybe I'm simplifiying things too much, but I thought they came as two parts and that the bowl would be fitted, ensuring the waste was securely connected, then the top cistern bit attached on??

Is this kind of loo a nightmare to fit or am I getting spun a pile of cr@p?

Sponsored Links
They are a little harder to fit as you cannot push the waste pipe on while its in situ. Flex able pan connectors make it a little easier. It takes me about 5 more minutes than usual though.

So get someone else to fit it.

Back to wall/close coupled toilet is correct

Thank you. I didn't think it was impossible to fit but the guy I spoke to basically made out it was.

Off to find another plumber!

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back