Toilet flush creates whirlpool

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any ideas anyone out there?!

Im almost certain the installation is correct, but when i flush the toilet instead of the two main jets of water hitting each other at the front of the toilet and cascading down the pan (thus pushing everything in there down the hole!!), the left hand side jet seems more powerful than the right and side and so creates a whirlpool effect. The water sloshes around and gradually subsides, with varying degress of waste removal success(!!!)

Anybody come across this before, or have any ideas on remedies, other than replacing the toilet?

Sponsored Links
oh i forgot to mention, it is definitly not the outlet because a) it was a brand new soil pipe and b) ive since tried it with it not connected to the soil pipe at all - filling it with a hose and it just spewing the water all over the patio, and it still does it!

Sponsored Links
I'm only guessing, but when these pots are dipped in glaze and then fired in the kiln, sometimes the small outlet holes in the rim (where flush comes from?) get blocked with this glaze, bit like a kids washing up liquid circle thing that blows bubbles............A good bog gets inspected by a man in a very white coat and rejects it.....I don't suspect that happens anymore.

You could see if you can dislodge the glaze very carefully, or unhelpfully, take it back for replacement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back