Toilet flush question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an old toilet in the house that has an outside overflow pipe. I would like the adjacent sink tiling redone but the overflow hole gets in the way. The toilet is an old coloured that I don't want to get rid off or the sink. Is it just a matter of replacing the innards of the cistern with new fittings and filling the old holes, wall and cistern.

Sorry if it might seem a daft question but I want to get my ducks lined up before I present the new tiling suggestion to my husband.

Sponsored Links
There are new fittings (flush mechanism) that also has the overflow so that it goes into the bowl.
You would need to cap the hole where the overflow pipe goes.

Have a look on Screwfix for the cistern fittings.

Thanks for this. I actually put the proposition to my husband (not really a do it yourself merchant apart from odd jobs), and he seemed to think this was not possible so now I have a bit of ammunition to push. We got a Dudley system for downstairs (plastic) because of condensation in winter and swapped the existing internals with another set that saved water. We've still got these so I'm just wondering if they are universal fittings.

Many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back