Toilet flush stuck OUT...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm a complete novice to DIY so bare with me if there's a simple solution to this...

I have recently moved in to a new flat with all new fixtures & fittings (including toilet). We have a duel button flush, and started to notice the 'larger' flush button would stick and not let you push it in. It would occasionally but now seems fully stuck in the out position so we're limited to the smaller, weaker flush button and function.

It doesn't look all that accessible through the tank but has anyone encountered this or overcome the problem in the past?

Any advice would be a great help.

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
We are renting. Understand we could simply call the landlord and have them sort it but I presumed there might be quite a simple fix we could take care of ourselves.

However I may be wrong!

Sandy

Sponsored Links
Sandy, I carry out a lot of work for estate agents in their rented flats/houses.

You will need to contact your estate agent and let them know that the push button is faulty (do this via phone and email) because if it breaks then the money it takes to fix will come out of your deposit.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back