Toilet flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our toilet flush just doesn’t work anymore. Only one side if the dual flush works and even that isn’t as powerful.

I can’t find the exact like for like flush valve anywhere. I don’t want to be removing the whole cistern.

Can you replace just the body with any flush valve ? Or would you have to replace the entire unit.
If someone could be kind enough to give me some advice

Attachments

• F5CE7F24-50C1-4B50-AEAD-7EE236D83E54.png
    F5CE7F24-50C1-4B50-AEAD-7EE236D83E54.png
    960.7 KB · Views: 40
Sponsored Links
If you can find an exact replacement, you can change it without removing cistern, the flush valve will be held in by a bayonet fitting, just unscrew old one half a turn, and pull out.

Reactions: CBW
If you can find an exact replacement, you can change it without removing cistern, the flush valve will be held in by a bayonet fitting, just unscrew old one half a turn, and pull out.
Yeah I was just wandering if there is any out there that I can pick up for exact replacement. Think the one in picture is ideal standard can’t find that anywhere only online. Can I use a different brand ? Just for the top half

Sometimes you can get lucky, and get a different make that will fit, failing that, you'll need to remove cistern.

Sponsored Links
Yeah I was just wandering if there is any out there that I can pick up for exact replacement. Think the one in picture is ideal standard can’t find that anywhere only online. Can I use a different brand ? Just for the top half
If you think it’s Ideal Standard, email their technical support, there could be a suitable replacement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back