toilet humour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone tell me what type of cistern lever I need for my toilet. I want to change the existing gold coloured one to chrome, so far I have bought two different sorts, one a ceramic type and one plain and simple chrome one from Wickes. Both when fitted prevent the toilet seat from staying up when lifted. Do I need a special type or am I doing something wrong when I'm fitting them. It is a low level cistern although I have no idea what make, how can I find this out. Please help. thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You must be fitting levers that are too deep and your seat is not resting on enough angle for it to stay upright.
You need to purchase a lever that fits closer to your cistern.

I have had this problem with my own toilet in the past and it is a nightmare trying to hold the seat up while I am peeing. :LOL:
Being a lady you won't have this problem. ;)

Being a lady you won't have this problem.

Not necessarily. At the age of three our daughter proudly announced that she had "found her willy" and proceeded to use the toilet standing up! She's thirteen now and, as far as I know, has outgrown that trick, possibly because she's found another use --- well, you get the idea.

I always look ok it as a chance for a nice sit down.:cool:

Sponsored Links
Thank you all for you comments and suggestions!!. Should this site be called veryhelpfulnot!!!!. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back