Toilet seat problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dunno if this is the right place to post this question but....
I bought a toilet seat which fits but the seat won't stay up. I've moved the fixings as far forward as possible but still no joy. Are there different sizes that I don't know about? The toilet type is a close coupled cistern.
Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
You need...

bluetack.gif

Sponsored Links
Who supplied the close coupled suite?

What do they answer to the question/complaints that a common generic toilet seat will not stay up?

Or was it made in China where they rarely use a toilet seat?

Hello Agile.
The cowboy builder who installed the toilet wasn't the problem. The original seat was fine apart from it got worn out. I bought the new seat from Homebase.

Ok well in that case the problem is that the generic toilet seat from Homebase does not fit!

Try another from B&Q as they have a wider range!

Or ask the toilet makers.

Tony

I know it's a generic toilet seat that doesn't fit! My question was to ask if there were different sizes that I don't know about. All you've told me is to try B &Q because they have a wider range. What range is that exactly then? A generic range that doesn't fit?
I also don't know who the markers are.

All you can really do is to measure very exactly the hinge positions and see if any other makes are suitable.

I assume you have tried all possible variations of the hinge fixing/rotation possible?

Tony

Yep tried all variations. Strangely one of the bolt settings is blocked off. If the the bolt could be moved to that setting, the seat could stay up.

Yep tried all variations. Strangely one of the bolt settings is blocked off. If the the bolt could be moved to that setting, the seat could stay up.

Probably a cunning plan by the toilet manufacturers to ensure you buy an overpriced replacement from them or else spend months scouring DIY stores for one that will fit. Who made the toilet, any name on the seat?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back