Toilet Seat Not Staying Up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Got one of those slow close toilet seats (Croydex) to replace a 'bog' standard plastic one.

Even with the seat in the most forward position (away from the cistern), the lid and seat don't always stay up. The old seat never had this issue.

Has anyone else had problems like this? I think the easiest solution is to revert back to a basic one again.

Sponsored Links
kid-how-do-i-toilet-using-toilet-wrong-head-in-seat-stuck-14296564697.jpg

problem solved

Sponsored Links
Welcome to the problems of refitting toilet seats , I gave up that side of plumbing years ago

what you need to do is throw the center off gravity further away from the cistern
if the hinge is between the holes in the toilet you need to rotate the brackets to bring the hinge a few mm further away from the cistern and parallel

For the short time I get to be at home, I’m either so tired, pi$$ed, or both that I have to sit down... keeps the management happy! :ROFLMAO:

In fact it’s what I’m doing right now :LOL:

For the short time I get to be at home, I’m either so tired, pi$$ed, or both that I have to sit down... keeps the management happy! :ROFLMAO:

In fact it’s what I’m doing right now :LOL:

What a coincidence... me too.

The hinge is as far away from the cistern as I can get it.

It seems all toilet seats are slightly different, so a bit of a gamble whether the one you buy will fit properly?

I did see something online about trying to level the cistern using the bolts underneath. I'll give that a go, but if that don't work I think I'll have to buy/try another one.

It's a bit of a willy-whacker at the moment!

It seems all toilet seats are slightly different,

Very much so and wc pans vary a lot aswell,plenty of toiletseat finder internet services available.

dont suppose you know the manufacture of the toilet,some have seat fixing holes very close to the pan (n) and universal seats dont fit so well.

Can the soft close tension be altered,have fitted a few wirquin seats and they adjust. good luck :)

Went to Screwfix and bought the Cooke & Lewis slow close one - more adjust-ability in the hinge are - problem solved :D

Wish I had bought that one in the first place, instead of the 'Croydex Circumciser 9000'!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back