Toilet Instillation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I was wondering if you could provide me with a little abvice before I get myself right into the s**t?

I have a back to wall pan that I need to swap out with a smaller pan as it is far too big for the space. Before I call a plumber out to do this, which would probably only take him 10mins to do I wanted to see if this was a job I could do myself relatively easily?

The current toilet has a a single flush pipe going in to it with the waste pipe situated below this coming out of the back. Would you be able to provide me with a guide as to what i need to do and the tools that i will need in order to do this. I'm not needing to swap the cistern out, but it does have plastic pipes, so will i need to replace these as well?

Many thanks,

Rich

Sponsored Links
richkitley,

Its not a particulary difficult job but describing it is!

If you REALLY want to DIY then get yourself a decent DIY book on Plumbing. One that contains pictures etc otherwise you'll be on for ever and a Plumber will eventually need to be called to pull you out of that nasty stuff you didn't want to get into in the first place!

Try a Google for something like Collins DIY books. They are normally very good.

Blasphemous

Many thanks for the prompt reply and i think I’ll take a look at getting a book as it will probably save me a lot of time and ago in the future!

Cheers,

Rich

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back