Toilet issue

Sponsored Links
That will probably be the flush pipe, which possibly needs reseating - The large plastic pipe, with a right angle, which goes into the rear of the toilet.

Harry, what are you on about, he has not mentioned any leaks, so why would the flush pipe need reseating?

Andy

Sponsored Links
'Drips when flush' would mean to me the float valve not closing completely.

Andy

During the actual flushes the valve should open wide, to refill, rather than drip. He didn't say 'a drip after it was flushed'.

I do think we are all having to do a lot of guessing, due to the OP's poor descriptions and lack of feedback.

During the actual flushes the valve should open wide, to refill, rather than drip. He didn't say 'a drip after it was flushed'.

Harry, the valve needs a new washer or replacement. If there was a leak, the OP would of mentioned a leak onto the floor. So there is no need to mention the flush pipe!

Andy

Harry, the valve needs a new washer or replacement. If there was a leak, the OP would of mentioned a leak onto the floor. So there is no need to mention the flush pipe!

The OP failed completely to mention where the drip was, only that it dripped during the flush, which suggests the flush pipe is dripping. The fill valve would not normally drip during the flush.

I’m sorry guys for not making it clear. Sorry for the confusion. Let me try to explain it in a better way.

When I flush the toilet it makes a vibrating/knocking noise. The blue plastic part (red circle) drips after flushing for quite some time. Also there is dripping by the (green circle) area. I am assuming I will need to change the whole tank so that it cancels out all the possible faults! I hope this makes much more sense! I think another possible problem is that the toilet wasn’t properly installed by the builder. I did some work in the house and the toilet had to be fitted back. It never use to make that noise originally.

Attachments

• 3A7D895E-ABFB-4234-8E87-F75FCCBDE85D.jpeg
    3A7D895E-ABFB-4234-8E87-F75FCCBDE85D.jpeg
    258.7 KB · Views: 42
I’m sorry guys for not making it clear. Sorry for the confusion. Let me try to explain it in a better way.

When I flush the toilet it makes a vibrating/knocking noise. The blue plastic part (red circle) drips after flushing for quite some time. Also there is dripping by the (green circle) area. I am assuming I will need to change the whole tank so that it cancels out all the possible faults! I hope this makes much more sense! I think another possible problem is that the toilet wasn’t properly installed by the builder. I did some work in the house and the toilet had to be fitted back. It never use to make that noise originally.

Yes, that is a much better explanation, thank you. It is dripping after the flush and after it has refilled the tank, plus of course the noise when it is refilling. You could remove the fill valve, after turning off the water, clean the valve up and fit a new washer (you may need to replace the thin fibre washer, between fill valve and the pipe fitting), but the quick, not very expensive and more certain fix is to replace the entire valve with a new one. It is a common style of valve, easiest way would be to remove it and take it along to a plumbers merchant and ask them for an identical one.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back