Toilet leakign at soil pipe connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
to add to the woes of my house (the previous occupier clearly emplyed cowboys !) the outlet to the soil-pipe is leaking.

the toilet outlet seems to sit 10-20mm higher than the soil-pipe, which i guess is why it us leaking.

the have simply useg the black rubber pipe that sits on the outside of a pan connector such as the one shown on this link:

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=101308&ts=82773&id=17227

because of the ay the soil-pp is fitted, I'm hoping that there might be flexible pipe sections available what taper at one end to fit on the pan outlet.
or do you think the item in the link above would be suitable to use where the two pipes don't line up?

any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
MULTIWICK and possibly others manufacture an offset connector for pan to waste connection which gives approx 15mm offset, this might be of use

thank you.
I have found a local builders merchants that have these in stock - so i've bought one.

one question, is it wise to use sealent along the egde of the seal aswell? or is this not required?

thanks,
matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back