toilet leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
seems to be from the donut, i have tightened it but still seems to leak. What can i do to avoid this? toilet is new

Sponsored Links
Have you drained it and checked its sitting flush
:?:
And check the nut is tight as i have had this leak even if the donut is sealed :rolleyes:

its a corner toilet so can only test when in situ.The donut seemed vey hard not the normal soft type ive seen before. Could i pack plumbers mate on either side of donut?its a closed coupled toilet, is there any mods to get the flush pipe further into the bowl, kind of extending it?I can't believe toilets have changed so little, must be a better solution than a donut considering the volume of water gusshing at any one time

no that wont seal
Best to remove and check nut is tight and replace with a new dognut from plumb center/plumb base e.c.t.
I know a pain but best way.. did you install it if not get plumer back to put it right for free :LOL:

Sponsored Links
don't be a bodge.
check you have sited the do-nut fully in place.
they don't need plumbers mate or pipe lengthened.

no i did it, took my time though tested before installing. Just leakes after flushing. Any donut you can recommend???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back