Toilet leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Hi...can someone advise me please ?

I installed this toilet some 6 years ago, I had the devils own job at the time but now I'm in my 70s and my brain is even worse than it was then.

I seem to recall being disappointed at the time because the pot I was taking out had a much longer "throat" than the pot I was replacing it with.
...this pot only has a 2" "throat"

I did however manage to install it and it's been ok since then, I think though that one of the grandkids has jiggled about and broke a seal.

The fact that it leaks 'till the water level is very low and then stops, tells me, I think, that it's leaking from round this black rubber seal.

If someone could give be advice It'd be much appreciated.

....thanks....Mike

Sponsored Links

because the pot I was taking out had a much longer "throat" than the pot I was replacing it with.
...this pot only has a 2" "throat"

....thanks....Mike
The original one was a P trap - the new one was a modern Horizontal Outlet ;)

Sponsored Links
MikeRC said:
....it leaks 'till the water level is very low and then stops......
A leak from the pan connector should have no effect on the water level in the pan.
The water trap level in the pan is determined by the pan itself and should stay the same, even with the pan conn completely disconnected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back