Toilet overflow sizes

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
How many different sizes are there of plastic overflow pipe? Until about a week ago I thought there was one standard size but it seems there are at least 3 different sizes. I fitted a replacement secondhand toilet for some friends. I didn't have any overflow pipe or fittings so I sent my friend to get the parts while I did the rest of the installation. He came back with a length of pipe, some elbows and a pair of adapters as the new stuff was bigger than the old. Unfortunately, this still was not right as the adapters had male ends for the smaller size and I needed to connect to the old sawn off overflow pipe. I needed a straight union but obviously the builders merchant would not have that as they only stock the bigger size. I later got a union from another place but even that would not fit the old pipe but did fit the male end of the adapter. I ended up using a plastic push fit 22mm coupling which was still hard to get on but did go on the old pipe.
I realise that modern cisterns don't need overflow plumbing but I suppose it is still required for water tanks etc.

Sponsored Links
they do vary from different makes like the grey from osma and the white from floplast don't fit each other etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back