toilet overflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had a combi boiler fitted to replace an old fashioned system boiler..The problem I have is as the new system is under pressure and the toilet systern fills up quicker and now there is a very small drip which over the course of say 6 hours over fills the systern.It has only started happening since the combi was fitted a few days ago am I right in thinking it is due to the water going in at mains pressure as it has been ok for years on the old gravity fed system
Even if i adjust the ballcock down it will eventually still overflow..Is there anything I can do please

Sponsored Links
Its just as easy to fit a complete new valve, and if it comes with pressure adjusters (basically plastic spirals in the inlet tube), use them too.
Fluidmaster Pro is one of the best - not least because it has a brass thread rather than the usual plastic crap.
John :)

Its just as easy to fit a complete new valve, and if it comes with pressure adjusters (basically plastic spirals in the inlet tube), use them too.
Fluidmaster Pro is one of the best - not least because it has a brass thread rather than the usual plastic crap.
Are they easy enough for a novice to fit? and are they universal so going into wickes for example are there any measurements I need from my current systern?

So long as the loo can be isolated water wise (so you can take your time) its really not much of a job. Flush the loo and then bale out the residual water with a sponge.
Some of the more modern cisterns may need a slimmer Torbeck valve (plenty pics around) to fit easily.
The only problem that I get from time to time is when the water fill pipe immediately turns into the tiled wall, so there's absolutely no movement possible. With these, the valve securing nut on the bottom of the cistern has to be undone, so there's some free play when you undo the water connection nut.

Sponsored Links
Usually straight forward if there is such a thing :confused: take the old one off and take it with you to be on the safe side, don't bother with wickes though go to screwfix if you have one near you.

Fluidmaster Pro...........because it has a brass thread rather than the usual plastic crap.
The Fluidmaster Pro range comes with both plastic and brass tails. The Pro45B and Pro75B plus the 3/8" tail valves are the ones with brass tails.
Don't just grab a Pro valve assuming it has a brass tail.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back