Toilet pan connection problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We've recently ripped out our old (and turquoise) bathroom and have been refitting a new one, but I've ran into a bit of a problem with the toilet.

It seems as if the new pan spigot is a good couple of cm lower than the previous one. Trying to fit the pan connector whilst still maintaining a seal is proving problematic; I've tried straight and offset connectors. Straight seems to work, but pushes the toilet too far from the wall - I'd like to have the cistern flush to the wall.

I'm not sure where to go from here - I don't really want to add a plinth as it seems a bit unslightly to me.

We've raised the floor slightly (12mm due to tiles rather than lino), but the old toilet sat on a 12mm wooden plinth, so I'm not sure that is to blame.

What should I try next? More styles of pan connector? Cutting the soil pipe back (it's cast iron - how much to remove, just the mouth?).

This is the situation, with a 14deg mutlikwik connector in the soil pipe for reference.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks guys - scarily aligned in your thinking!

Will look into sourcing a suitable angle grinder (the one I have doesn't look up the test) and dig out my mask+gloves ppe

I used to have pipe cutters for 4" cast and they made short work of parking meters as well:cool:

Amazed that nobody has mentioned a FLEXIBLE PAN CONNECTOR . . :eek: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Must be too easy for a plooooomer .

costs a £££Fiver from local merchants .

JOB DONE !! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back